Today in the 30-Day Challenge we read…
“If a son of peace is there, your peace will rest on him; but if not, it will return to you.” – Luke 10:6
When you start going beyond your own network to find individuals who are open to the Gospel, you are looking for a ‘Person of Peace.’
In Luke 10, a person of peace is defined as:
- V. 5- opens his door to you
- V. 6- receives your blessing and shows interest
- V. 7- opens his house to you/hospitable
- V. 7- offers to sustain you in some way
- V. 4- does not waste time
And in Matthew 10, this person is defined as:
- V. 13- he is worthy
- V. 13- has influence in his home
- V. 14- receives you
- V. 14- hears your words
A Person of Peace will also:
- be open when you make spiritual statements.
- respond with spiritual statements.
- ask questions of you (not just tell you their opinion – but want to know yours).
- respond to your invitation to directly learn from God’s Word.
Your Day 16 Challenge is fourfold today:
- Watch the video below.
- Read Luke 10:1-11 and Matthew 10:5-14.
- Schedule a prayer walk this week and keep your eyes open for a ‘Person of Peace.’
Please remember to be in prayer about finding a Person of Peace – that our Savior would have this person cross your path and to keep your eyes open to recognize this person.